What Is The Chicago Collaboration For Women In Stem?
Northwestern University and the University of Chicago have entered into a three-year partnership for the advancement of women faculty in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) disciplines at our institutions. Through joint programs and research projects, we aim to:
- identify local obstacles our women faculty see to success in the sciences
- encourage women to be deliberate and purposeful in planning their careers
- open women’s eyes to leadership possibilities
- create and expand women’s networks
- develop model programs and policies for the academy
Our two institutions are committed to diversifying our science faculties and to providing an environment that enhances career success. We recognize this as an essential component of leadership in higher education in the twenty-first century.